Monday, July 6, 2009

Life is a Journey

Pleasant Places
I love this verse from Psalm 16:6 (NIV) The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

As I sit in my room this morning and watch the sun reflecting off the snow-covered Southern Alps, I realise how blessed I am. I have a home to live in, food to eat and a car to drive. I'm surrounded by a family that loves me and good friends are always on hand to go out for coffee and some fun.

On July 16th, it will be exactly 3 1/2 years since we left South Africa. That was undoubtedly one of the worst days of my entire life ... but as I look back on all the sacrifices we made, I see that God has given us immeasurably more in exchange.

Life is a journey and if we allow God to navigate our way, the rewards will be so much greater than if we choose our own paths.

At Durban Airport as we said goodbye to friends before leaving for New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment